Chicken skewers with peanut sauce
Dinner is served in just 30 minutes with this delicious dish.
- ½ cup natural peanut butter, preferably chunky
- 1 tablespoon curry paste or curry powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh or canned coconut milk, approximately
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 kg boneless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Lime wedges
- Start barbecue or grill: fire should be moderately hot, and rack should be at least 10 cm from heat. If using wood skewers, soak them in water first.
- Put peanut butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; add curry paste or powder, salt and enough coconut milk to achieve a creamy but quite thick consistency. Cook over low heat, whisking, until smooth; do not boil. Cool a bit, then stir in soy sauce and lime juice.
- Marinate chicken in this mixture for five minutes to an hour. Skewer chicken chunks, then grill slowly until nicely browned and cooked through, 10 minutes or longer. Serve hot, garnished with coriander and accompanied by lime.