Potato and leek soup
Delicious and healthy winter warmer.
- 500 grams desiree potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch leeks, finely chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 small stick fresh ginger
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pot with a little vegetable oil, sautee the finely diced onion and leek together with garlic and ginger until softened.
- Add the potatoes, and cook until these are softened as well.
- Add the vegetable stock, or water, then bring this to the boil, and cook until the potatoes have started to fall apart.
- Spoon through the wholegrain mustard and sour cream then puree with a stick blender until very smooth and shiny.
- Season with salt & pepper, then serve with an olive and ciabatta roll.