Salmon & avocado sushi
Super healthy and simple to make, sushi is popular with the whole family.
- 250grams sushi rice
- 100mls rice vinegar
- 200mls water
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
- 1 small fillet fresh Tasmanian Salmon, skin off, de-boned and sliced into batons
- 1 carrot, cut into batons
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced into batons
- 1 tube wasabi
- 1 packet nori sheets
- In a medium sized pot, bring to the boil the mitsukan and water, then add the sushi rice, turn down and cook until just cooked, adding additional water if need but only enough to keep the rice sticky.
- Take off and let cool, laid out on a flat tray.
- In a bowl whisk up the eggs with the salt & pepper and the fresh herbs. In a frypan on low heat with a little vegetable oil, add the eggs and cook until it has formed a dense cooked omelette. Transfer onto a plate and let cool.
- Prepare all the other ingredients as stated.
- Lay out the nori sheets, then with a palette knife spread over the sushi rice, smear a touch of wasabi, then layer on the salmon, carrot and avocado.
- Using a sushi mat, roll it up tightly, press together then let sit for 15-20 minutes until cool, then slice and display layered around a platter with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.