Salmon & avocado sushi
Super healthy and simple to make, salmon & avocado sushi is popular with the whole family. To make it even easier, use 100% fresh Market ingredients.
- 250grams sushi rice
- 100mls rice vinegar
- 200mls water
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
- 1 small fillet fresh Tasmanian Salmon, skin off, de-boned and sliced into batons
- 1 carrot, cut into batons
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced into batons
- 1 tube wasabi
- 1 packet nori sheets
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the rice vinegar and water to a boil, then add the sushi rice. Turn down and cook until just cooked, adding additional water if need but only enough to keep the rice sticky.
- Take off and let cool, laid out on a flat tray.
- In a bowl whisk up the eggs with the salt & pepper and the fresh herbs. In a frying pan on low heat with a little vegetable oil, add the eggs and cook until it has formed a dense cooked omelette. Transfer onto a plate and let cool.
- Prepare all the other ingredients as stated.
- Lay out the nori sheets, then with a palette knife spread over the sushi rice, smear a touch of wasabi, then layer on the salmon, carrot and avocado.
- Using a sushi mat, roll it up tightly, press together then let sit for 15-20 minutes until cool, then slice and display layered around a platter with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.