Roast Christmas ham
Celebrating Christmas with all the trimmings isn't complete without a delicious roast Christmas ham. Check out this festive recipe to please your holiday guests!
- Christmas ham with bone in
- 4 white peaches
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
- 1 finely chopped red chilli, seeds out
- 60ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black mustard seeds
- ½ bunch chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- Puree the white peaches in a food processor together with the finely diced red onion.
- Add the red wine vinegar, garlic cloves, red chilli, pickled ginger, Chinese five spice, fresh thyme and mustard seeds and puree again.
- Cut the skin off the ham, trimming around the top of the bone. Make sure it is only the skin and not down to the flesh. Score the fat with small 5mm incision in a criss cross style.
- Smear the marinade over the ham liberally, place on a rack on an oven t4ray and roast at 150C for approximately 2 hours. Cover with foil for the first hour then remove for the last hour.
- Let rest for 20-30 minutes then carve and serve with your favourite roasted vegetables.