Cherry clafoutis: A delicious classic French dessert using yummy in-season cherries.
- 1 teaspoon butter for greasing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 300 grams cherries (stoned)
- Icing sugar for dusting
For the batter:
- 60 grams flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 60 grams sugar
- 300 ml milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Mix all the batter ingredients with a pinch of salt in a blender or food processor until smooth, then set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Grease a 25cm round baking dish with the softened butter, then sprinkle over the sugar. Dot the cherries around the base of the dish, then place in the oven for 5 minutes so the fruit can begin to soften.
- Remove the dish from the oven and pour over the batter until the cherries are just covered. Return to the oven to bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until puffy and golden. Dust the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve lukewarm