Roti canai is a delicious bread that is perfect for snacks, dipping or complimenting a meal. Try this simple recipe today!
- Place flour into a large bowl and gradually add milk and water, working the mixture with your hands.
- Add salt & sugar and keep kneading for 6-8 minutes until dough leaves the sides of the bowl, and is soft, smooth and elastic like play dough.
- Set aside to rest in a warm place, covered with plastic wrap for at least two hours or overnight.
- Simply pull off a bread roll sized piece of dough, roll it and shape into a ball in floured hands.
- Rub a little butter over them then set aside for 2-3 hours.
- Tip a little oil onto a clean working surface and moisten your hands with it. Place a ball in the centre and flatten it with your hands, pressing and pushing constantly until it is a fine sheet, forming a rough rectangle about the size of a plate.
- Repeat the process with each ball flatten using a rolling pin. Brush with a little butter. Fold it into an envelope, then cook on a heavy based pan until brown and spotted, scrunch together then serve with curry.