This easy authentic style Thai dish will soon become your next favourite take away cooked at home.
- 8 large green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 10 grams dried shrimp
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 40 grams firm tofu, sliced
- 40 grams shredded preserved radish
- 2 eggs
- 2300 grams flat rice noodles
- garlic chives
- fried shallots
- chopped roasted peanuts
- roasted chilli powder
- lime wedges
- 100 grams tamarind pulp
- 300ml warm water
- 200 grams palm sugar
- 150 ml Thai seasoning sauce
- Combine the tamarind and warm water in a bowl. Break up the pulp with your fingers until it is dissolving into the water. Strain the water into a saucepan, squeezing all the liquid from the pulp.
- Add the palm sugar and seasoning sauce. Bring to the boil, then simmer until reduced and slightly syrupy.
- Heat a little oil in a wok and when hot, add the prawns. Fry until they curl and change colour then add the dried shrimp, onion, tofu and radish. Stir-fry briefly then push the ingredients to one side and crack the eggs, breaking them up just a little. Without letting them cook completely, add the noodles, 2 tablespoons of water, a few scoops of tamarind sauce and some chopped garlic chives, bean sprouts, fried shallots, peanuts and chilli powder to taste.
- Stir briefly then serve garnished with whole garlic chives, more bean sprouts, fried shallots, peanuts and wedges of lime.