Roasted beetroot nicoise salad
This summer salad is great on its own. Our roasted beetroot nicoise salad makes a delicious light meal or a perfect side dish.
- 3 small-sized beetroot, roasted & peeled
- 1 avocado
- 3 small potatoes, boiled until tender then peeled
- 2 100 gram tuna fillets
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
- Handful of green beans, blanched and refreshed
- Handful of baby spinach
- 50grams toasted slivered almonds
- 2 whole eggs
- 40ml white wine vinegar
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 150ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare all the items as stated, keeping them separate.
- In a food processor, blitz the whole eggs together with the white wine vinegar, then slowly add the vegetable oil until it is thick and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dice the beetroot and season with salt and pepper and some chopped fresh parsley. Set aside
- Dice the potato once peeled, then mix some of the mayonnaise through to just combine it, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring the balsamic vinegar to the boil and reduce it until it thickens and will coat the back of a spoon.
- Dice the avocado just before assembling as it will go brown.
- Starting from the bottom with a round cutter as a guide start layering all the items. Baby spinach on the base, followed by a thin layer of potato, then a thin layer of beetroot, then the sliced tomato, and the diced avocado. On top of this a thin layer of beetroot.
- Sear the tuna in a very hot pan, 30 seconds on each side and place this on top of the stack.
- Drizzle around the edge some balsamic vinegar reduction, quarter the boiled eggs and place around the stack along with the blanched beans and also some toasted almonds to garnish.
- Serve your roasted beetroot nicoise salad straight away as a light lunch.