Dandenong Market welcomes all school groups to visit the Market as an excursion.
The Market is the ideal destination for kids of all ages to learn about fresh food, produce and the opportunity to experience the different cultures of the people and foods that make up the Market. Rich in history with strong cultural links, students can discover the role the Market has played in the history of Dandenong, as well as understand first hand about making healthy food and lifestyle choices.
Free activity pack:
All students visiting Dandenong Market as part of a school group will receive an activity pack, including:
- Market Guide for Primary School Students, and/or Market Guide for Secondary School Students and/or Kids Activity Pack
- Self-Guided Tour information
- Market Directory (including a list of all Market traders and a Market map)
- A piece of fruit supplied by a Dandenong Market trader.
- Packet of colouring pencils
Available activities for schools:
- We can create a tailored tour for your students (max of 15 students only) including free tastings and talking to Market traders - please talk to us about your requirements
- Self-guided tours - a self-guided tour brochure is available from Dandenong Market office (or can be posted to your school in advance of your visit)
Resources for schools:
- Information Pack for School Tours
- Market Guide for Secondary School Students
- Market Guide for Primary School Students
- Kids Activity Pack (for younger students)
All resources are available to download - see bottom of the page.
- We will soon be launching specific resources relating to Dandenong Market's 150 years of history, This might be of particular interested to history students.
- We will soon be launching specific resources relating to public art at Dandenong Market. This might be of particular interested to art students.
To arrange a school visit:
- Please first read the "School Group Information Pack and Booking form" (available below).
- To book a tour, please complete the "School Group Booking Form" (available below) and return to email@example.com or faxed to 03 9769 2629.
- Any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the office on 03 9701 3850.