Teriyaki salmon is a taste sensation! Made with fresh Market produce, this tasty dish will be a winner with the whole family!
- 4 x 200 gram salmon fillets, skin off
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon pickled ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic puree
- 5 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 x oranges, peeled & segmented, juice retained
- 2 x blood oranges, peeled & segmented, juice retained
- 2 Spanish onions, peeled, cut into wedges & caramelized
- 2 tablespoons picked basil & coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 handful of rocket lettuce
- 80 grams toasted flaked almonds
- 1 red capsicum, roasted, peeled, de-seeded & sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 60 ml olive oil
- In a pot, bring the soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, palm sugar & honey to a boil. Dilute the corn starch in the cold water, then whisk it into the soy mixture, cook on low for at least 10 minutes, then let cool.
- Marinate the salmon fillets in the teriyaki marinade for 1-2 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a medium to hot frying pan, caramelise the Spanish onion wedges until they are golden brown. Let cool and set aside
- Prepare all the other ingredients as stated. Set aside.
- In a medium to hot frying pan with a little oil, fry the salmon fillet until golden brown on each side. If not cooked enough for your liking, place in a pre-heated oven for 4-5 minutes on 180C.
- Assemble all the salad ingredients and lightly toss in a bowl with the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Serve on a warm day with a glass of your favourite wine.