A taste sensation!
Shopping list (serves 4):
- 4 x 200 gram salmon fillets, skin off
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon pickled ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic puree
- 5 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 x oranges, peeled & segmented, juice retained
- 2 x blood oranges, peeled & segmented, juice retained
- 2 Spanish onions, peeled, cut into wedges & caramelized
- 2 tablespoons picked basil & coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 handful of rocket lettuce
- 80 grams toasted flaked almonds
- 1 red capsicum, roasted, peeled, de-seeded & sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 60 ml olive oil
- In a pot, bring the soy sauce, water, ginger & garlic, palm sugar & honey to the boil. Dilute the corn starch in the cold water, then whisk it into the soy mixture, cook out on low for at least 10 minutes, then let cool.
- Marinate the salmon fillets in the teriyaki marinade for 1-2 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a medium to hot frypan, caramelise the Spanish onion wedges until they are golden brown. Let cool and set aside
- Prepare all the other ingredients as stated. Set aside.
- In a medium to hot fry pan with a little oil, fry the salmon fillet until golden brown each side. If not cooked enough for your liking, place in a pre-heated oven for 4-5 minutes on 180C.
- Assemble all the salad ingredients and lightly toss in a bowl with the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Serve on a warm day with a glass of your favourite.