Sensational seafood, fresh, delicious and healthy.
- 1 whole sand mullet, gutted & filleted
- 80 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 Spanish onions, cut into wedges
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 whole field mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum
- 6 cocktail potatoes
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Gut, scale and fillet the trevally, removing all bones, then set aside.
- Steam the potatoes until they are just done, let cool. Cut in half and then set aside.
- Dust the trevally fillets in the seasoned flour mix, then in a medium to high heat fry pan with little vegetable oil fry the fillets, skin side down for 2-3 minutes then turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until done.
- While this is cooking, in another pan, sautee the mushroom, garlic and onions together until caramelized, then add the sliced capsicum, asparagus, cocktail potatoes and cook until they have started to wilt. Toss through the cherry tomatoes and zest and juice of 2 lemons.
- Arrange on a plate topped with the crispy skinned sand mullet.