Colcannon is a delicious mash that will bring the Irish out in you. Our colcannon recipe is best served with lamb cutlets.
- 3 rashers bacon
- 1½ cups savoy cabbage
- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup milk, warmed
- 50g butter, chopped
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Place on high heat and boil for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Set aside.
- Place bacon and cabbage into a large frypan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until cabbage has wilted and bacon starts to crisp.
- Drain potatoes and mash together until almost smooth.
- Add bacon mixture, milk and butter to potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and chives. Stir to combine.
- Serve with herb crumbed lamb cutlets.