Beetroot & Sweet Potato Roesti
Healthy, balanced, affordable recipes from Dandenong Market. This vegan recipe for Beetroot & Sweet Potato Rosti is delicious and packed with veggies.
- 200 grams fresh beetroot
- 500 grams fresh sweet potato
- 1 large finely diced onion
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ½ bunch chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup almond milk
- Plain flour
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh rocket lettuce
- Olive oil
- In a frying pan gently sautee the diced onion, garlic and ginger together with a little vegetable oil until they are softened and aromatic.
- Parboil the sweet potato for 6 minutes, then let cool slightly.
- Grate the sweet potato and beetroot together into a bowl, then add the sautéed onion, garlic and ginger. Add the black mustard seeds and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Add the almond milk then add the self-raising flour until it creates a light batter.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan with some vegetable oil and spoon a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan and cook on medium heat until golden brown then turn over and repeat on the other side.
- Serve your vegan rosti warm with fresh rocket, chopped cherry tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.