Chicken and prosciutto roulade
A summer spin on Christmas lunch or dinner.
- 1 X size 20 chicken
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 100grams fresh new season cherries, pips out
- 1 bunch new season asparagus
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons sumac powder
- Using a sharp knife remove all the bones from the chicken, (youtube this as there are many on the web), slice off any excess chicken breast so that it is only 1cm thick. Retain this.
- Place the excess chicken and put it into a food processor and puree with 1 egg, the chopped thyme, salt & pepper until smooth.
- Lay out the boneless chicken and spoon the pureed chicken mixture in a line down the middle, then place the de-pipped cherries along the centre, along with the new season asparagus.
- Roll this over and season with the sumac, and black pepper. Layer over the prosciutto all the way round, then with butchers twine truss the chicken so that it is firmly tied every 3-4cm along the chicken. Roast at 185C for approximately 60-75 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and serve either hot or cold.