A great tasting bread low in FODMAPs to help manage and reduce symptoms of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 2 free-range organic egg whites
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, egg whites, coconut milk and bourbon vanilla. Beat to combine and continue to beat on medium high for two minutes.
- Add zucchini and stir by hand to combine.
- Grease a medium loaf pan. Pour in mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.