Spice up your BBQ with a sensational homemade gourmet paste, perfect for meat, seafood and vegetables.
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- Dry fry off all the spices, then grind them together in a mortar and pestle.
- Grind the ingredients together to form a smooth paste, then let marinate together for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare your desired meat. Marinate for at least 24 hours in the marinade to make sure that it impregnates the meat.
- Sear the meat on a hot plate with a little oil to help the marinade caramelize, then bake in oven at 185C until cooked through.
- Once made this marinade will keep for up to 5 days.