Massaman curry beef and lamb meatballs
The whole family will love this delicious spin on traditions spaghetti and meatballs.
Shopping list (serves 4-6) :
- 1 kilo beef & lamb combination mince
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 1 piece galangal
- 2 small chillies
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups diced fresh vegetables
- Bread crumbs
- Sea salt and cracked white pepper
- Sautee the vegetables in a medium to high heat frypan with a little oil until they are just softened, season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- In a mortar and pestle crush all the spices and herbs together until it is a fine paste.
- In a frypan with a little oil cook off the paste until it is aromatic, then add this to the diced vegetables and mince.
- Mix together well with the 3 eggs, salt & pepper and enough breadcrumbs to dry the mix out so that they can be shaped.
- Roll them into desired size, then let them rest in the fridge for a minimum of one hour before cooking in a frypan until golden brown and cooked through.
- Eat them tossed through a simple tomato sugo or have them in a roll for lunch.