These Turkish staples are a mouthful of flavor that you won't be able to resist.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 28 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Mash the garlic into a paste with the salt using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a chef's knife on your cutting board. Mix the garlic into the lamb along with the onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, ginger and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Form the mixture into 28 balls. Form each ball around the tip of a skewer, flattening into an oval; repeat with the remaining skewers. Place the kebabs onto a baking tray, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grate, turning occasionally until the lamb has cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 6 minutes for medium.