Kesar pista roll
Diwali sweet treat
- 250 grams mawa
- 125 grams pista, chopped
- 125 grams cashew nuts, powdered
- 200 grams sugar, powdered
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- A few strands saffron
- 4-5 green cardamon pods
- Few drops of green food colour
- Few drops of yellow food colour
- Silver warq
- Roast the mawa in a heavy bottomed pan for about 5 minutes and cool. Add cashew nut powder, sugar and milk powder and knead to a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture into two parts.
- To one part add saffron and yellow food colouring and to the other add the pistachios, cardamom and green food colouring.
- Take a little pistachio mixture and roll out into a cylinder.
- Flatten out a little of the saffron mixture and cover the pistachio to resemble a cylinder. Shape all the cylinders in the same manner.
- Keep aide the rolls to dry for half an hour. Decorate with silver warq and serve.