Chinese pork pot sticker dumplings
Bite size delights, perfect gourmet finger food.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 140 grams plain flour
- 125 ml very hot water
- 110 grams pork mince
- 75 grams finely chopped Wombok
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- ½ teaspoon shaoxing rice wine
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon chopped spring onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 75 ml water
- 2 tablespoons light soy
- Put the flour into a large bowl and stir in the water gradually, add more flour if necessary.
- Tip the dough onto a bench and knead for around 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together and set aside.
- Roll out the dough into thin 9am rounds then set them aside and then spoon in some of the filling.
- With a little water. Moisten the edges and crimp the edges together. Repeat until all finished.
- Pre-heat a fry pan and brown the flat side of the dumplings, the reduce the heat, add the water and little light soy, cover the pan tightly and cook for 12 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove the cover and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauces.