Cajun spiced lamb salad
Spring lamb used with seasonal fresh produce, delicious and healthy.
- 2 x lamb back strap
- 3 tablespoons Cajun spice
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Red capsicum, roasted, peeled & deseeded
- 1 finely sliced Spanish onion
- Handful of baby spinach
- 120 grams Persian fetta
- 80 ml balsamic vinegar
- 100 grams cooked mohgrabieh
- ½ bunch chopped fresh basil
- ½ bunch chopped fresh parsley
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- Clean the lamb back strap, removing any sinew from the top. Set them aside.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the mohgrabieh until they are softened and cooked through. Around 12-15 minutes. Drain and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
- Marinate the lamb back strap in a little olive oil, the Cajun spice, lemon zest & juice and sea salt & cracked black pepper. Set aside.
- Roast the capsicum until the skin is all blackened, wrap in glad wrap to let steam, then rub off all the skin under water. Dice and set aside.
- Preheat a grill plate for 15 minutes, then sear the back strap for 3 minutes each side, then let rest for 5-6 minutes.
- Slice the tomato and fan around a plate, layer on the baby spinach, slice the lamb on the angle against the grain. Layer this on top of the spinach.
- In a bowl mix the mohgrabieh together with the finely sliced Spanish onion, diced capsicum, chopped fresh basil, parlsey and red wine vinegar and 50ml olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spoon this around the lamb and serve with some crusty bread or serve it in a pita bread wrap. Enjoy!!!