Crunchy, light and delicious on a fresh fillet of fish.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 375 ml light beer
- 125 ml water
- ½ teaspoon bi-carb soda
- Self raising flour to consistency
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the beer and water into a bowl. Add the bi-carb soda and whisk together.
- Start adding the self raising flour to the liquid until you can do a figure of 8 and it will hold for three seconds before dispersing.
- Season with salt & pepper. Let rest for 15 minutes before battering your fish.
- Slightly flour your fish fillets, remove any excess flour. Holding the smallest end, drape the fish fillet through the batter, then let any excess batter drip off.
- In a 180C pre heated deep fryer, add the thickest end and wait till it floats to the surface before slowly releasing the fillet.
- Turn over once slightly browned, then cook other side until slightly browned then remove from oil and drain excess oil.
- Serve with crispy roasted wedges and homemade tartare sauce