Free Donut Day
Published : June 04, 2018
Friday 1 June 2018
Dandee Donuts and Dandenong Market are celebrating National Donut Day by giving away free donuts!
There's no catch, no purchase necessary and no small writing. We just love donuts and hope you do - so we're giving away one donut per person.
Just visit Dandee Donuts in Market Square on Friday 1 June and we'll give you a classic hot jam donut rolled in sugar. That's it.
How to get your donut on Free Donut Day:
We will have TWO Dandee Donuts vans in Market Square:
- One pop up van will only be dispensing free donuts only.
- The original van permanently located in Market Square will be selling donuts as per usual and also providing one free donut per person.
Visit either van and you will be handed a free donut!
Free Donut Day rules:
- One donut per person.
- A condition of accepting a donut is having your hand stamped.
- Donuts will not be given out for third parties / people not present.
- Available on Friday 1 June 2018, 8am - 4pm.
- Available while stocks last.
- Not redeemable for cash.
- Dandee Donuts has the right to refuse service to any individual for any reason.
About Dandee Donuts
The secret to Dandee Donuts' huge popularity is that they are freshly made, cooked on site and on demand, unlike other donuts which use frozen ingredients and cooked off site. Dandee Donuts are also dairy-free, egg-free and have no additives (other than in the jam) with yeast donut that are twice raised, giving them their fluffy lightness. All of Dandee Donuts ingredients are Australian grown, with the original recipe developed in the 1950s.
One of Dandenong Market's most popular and iconic stalls, Dandee Donuts draws people from all over Melbourne and Australia with a strong and loyal following. Dandee Donuts has been managed by the Bell family for almost 50 years.
Maureen and Dick Bell established their donut business in the backyard of their Oakleigh home in the late 1960s. The business was then-known as Mobile Donut Vans, with the earliest sites included Hurst Reserve in Oakleigh, and Clayton shopping centre. The now iconic purple and gold colours of the vans were chosen to reflect the Oakleigh Football Club colours.
Dandee Donuts found a permanent home at Dandenong Market in the 1970s, setting up home on the Market's basketball court. Dandee Donuts is now managed by Maureen and Dick Bell's daughter, Susan Bell.