Dandee Donut Eating Competition
Published : July 16, 2018
Sunday 19 August
Love a warm, sugary, delicious jam Dandee Donut? Who can stop at one? Dandenong Market is proud to partner with Competitive Eating Australia for the 2018 Dandee Donut Eating Competition.
Over 5 rounds, we will challenge market visitors to devour as many donuts as they can in two minutes. The top ﬁve contestants will compete in the final round to see how quickly they can eat 20 Dandee Donuts!
The winner will be crowned the ultimate Dandee Donut Champion and take home $500 and a trophy.
WHAT: Dandee Donuts Eating Competition
DATE: Sunday 19 August 2018
TIME: 12pm - 1pm.
WHERE: Market Square, Dandenong Market, Corner Clow and Cleeland Streets, Dandenong
The Dandee Donut Eating Competition is limited to a total of 25 participants.
The first stage will include five rounds, with five participants each. In each round, contestants will compete to eat the most donuts in two minutes or the first to eat ten donuts, whichever comes first. The winner in each round will continue to the finals.
In the final, the five winners of each round will be pitted against each other to see how quickly they can eat 20 Dandee Donuts. The first to finish all 20 wins!
The winner will be crowned the ultimate Dandee Donut Champion and win $500 and the Dandee Donut Eating Champion trophy.
The runner up will win $200.
The second runner up will win $100.
How to enter
Dandenong Market and Competitive Eating Australia are seeking professional eaters to enter the competition.
Applications can apply via Competitive Eating Australia.
Note: in the case that successful applications are a now show on the day, we will be calling to the audience on the day to fill in vacant spots.
- All entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- To be declared the winner, the contestant must swallow all of his donuts and show an empty mouth to the judges.
- In round one, the person to eat the most donuts in two minutes is the winner and will proceed to the finals.
- In round two, the first person to finish 20 donuts in the shortest amount of time, is the winner.
- Contestants may use water to assist in the eating competition.
- If you vomit, you will be disqualified and must clean up after yourself!
- If a tie occurs, a secret tie-breaker will take place.
- All contestants are participating at their own risk. Any issues, medical, psychological, or otherwise, resulting from participation in the event are the sole responsibility of the contestant.
- St John's Ambulance will be present to ensure participants safety and health.
Competitive Eating Australia
Dandenong Market is proud to partner with Competitive Eating Australia for this event. Head over to their website for more competitive eating events.
About Dandee Donuts
One of Dandenong Market's most popular and iconic stalls, Dandee Donuts draws people from all over Melbourne and Australia with a strong and loyal following. Dandee Donuts has been managed by the Bell family for over 40 years.
The secret to Dandee Donuts' huge popularity is that they are freshly made, cooked on site and on demand, unlike many popular donut brands which use frozen ingredients and cooked off site. Dandee Donuts are also dairy free, egg free and have no additives (other than in the jam) with yeast donut that are twice raised, giving them their fluffy lightness. All of Dandee Donuts ingredients are Australian grown, with the original recipe developed in the 1950s.