The Kitchen is a place where fresh produce and healthy eating combine—with mouth-watering results!
At The Kitchen’s free demonstrations you can learn how to quickly and easily transform a wide range of fresh market produce into healthy, budget-friendly and delicious meals while picking up expert tips, tricks and techniques from our resident chefs. All cooking demonstrations involve free tastings and samples.
May 2016 cooking demonstrations:
- Tuesday 3 May: Fish filleting masterclass. Simple tips on filleting your own fish to save money.
- Friday 6 May: Mother's Day lunch ideas. Spoil your mum this Sunday with this simple yet delicious menu the kids and husbands will enjoy cooking.
- Tuesday 10 May: Flu food fighters. This flu season try these natural and fresh remedies to help stay strong and healthy.
- Friday 13 May: Farotto, a super grain risotto made with fresh market ingredients the entire family will love.
- Tuesday 17 May: Budget busters. Cheap meat cuts perfect for braising and stewing this cold season.
- Friday 20 May: Winter vegetables, a guide to what’s in season and how to use them in tasty meals for the family.
- Sunday 22 May: Indian biryani. Masterchef's Jamie Ward whips up this Indian classic.
- Tuesday 24 May: Vegan heaven - Your ultimate lunch, packed full of flavour and fresh ingredients hand-picked from the market.
- Friday 27 May: Duck masterclass - 3 ways of cooking duck, poached, roasted and braised.
- Tuesday 31 May: Classic minestrone - warm hearts and home this winter with this mouth watering recipe packed full of healthy goodness.
June 2016 cooking demonstrations:
- Friday 3 June: Slow cooking winter vegetables – discover how to prepare these fresh picks to perfection.
- Sunday 5 June: To celebrate the release of Jamie’s brand new olive snack range, he’ll be demonstrating how to whip up a simple olive tapenade and he'll be using it to flavour a delicious baked salmon dish.
- Tuesday 7 June: Home-made Cornish pasties, nothing beats this old family favourite that will be a hit with the whole family.
- Friday 10 June: Queens birthday – Celebrate this Monday with a Great British bake off!
- Tuesday 14 June: Home-made apple pie - Apple season’s in full swing, discover how to cook them for the best results.
- Friday 17 June: Moroccan lamb tagine, spice up family night with this mid winter favourite.
- Tuesday 21 June: Budget busters. Boning out your own cuts of meat to save money and eat like a king.
- Sunday 26 June: Red wine braised beef cheeks with creamy polenta and gremolata. It's getting cold so Jamie shares this delicious wintery dish to help you brave the cold.
- Friday 24 June: Footy snacks. Tasty, bite size favourites for Friday night footy.
- Tuesday 28 June: Pasta perfect. A saucy spin on family favourites to try on your next pasta creation.
Our delicious and healthy recipes from previous cooking demonstrations can be found over at the Recipes page.