Events and festivals
Seeking traders for upcoming festivals at Dandenong Market
Dandenong Market is currently seeking food and general merchandise traders for our Unicorn Party!
Our Unicorn Party! will be held at Dandenong Market on Sunday 19 November and will run from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Dandenong Market’s Unicorn Party! is a free community event, suitable for all ages. The following free activities are planned for Dandenong Market’s Unicorn Party!
- Free unicorn rides
- Free unicorn face painting
- Free unicorn make-up for teens and adults
- Free unicorn hair makeover including coloured hair spray and ribbons
- Free unicorn craft workshops
- Free unicorn balloon art
To apply, fill in the application form below (under 'Downloads'). If you have problem downloading or opening the application, please call us on 9701 3850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General merchandise stall: $165 plus GST payable in advance.
Food stall/van: $250 plus GST payable in advance.
Food/Market Cart: $70 plus GST payable in advance.
Please note traders will not be provided with Marquees.
You will be provided with 1 X 10 amp power outlet (normal household supply to a single power point), if requested and subject to availability. Additional power can be offered upon applicant’s request at an additional charge.
The selection criteria, which will be considered in the assessment of applications for the Unicorn Party!, are summarised below:
- the concept, including its appeal, the amount of on-site food preparation; presentation and packaging; and the Festival’s overall food offer;
- the stall/site set-up, including attention to aesthetics and any physical or other constraints;
- the Applicant’s retail and business experience;
- flexibility and ability to fit in with other stallholders and to work with Dandenong Market management;
- Whether the business is a Dandenong based enterprise; and
- any other matter considered relevant to the application.
- Food should be prepared and cooked freshly on site and served immediately; bain marie style set ups are not encouraged;
- Cook serve style operations are preferred as is hand held packaging that allows foods to be consumed without the use of knife and fork;
- Foods other than cook serve dishes need to demonstrate a unique selling point.
The sequence of the above criteria does not imply any relative priority. Furthermore these are not the only criteria upon which the assessment of applications is made.
Applications close 1 November 2017. Applications received after the closing date may be rejected.
Applications must be made on the proforma application attached to this document. No other form of application will be considered.
Other relevant documentation or concept outlines, which the applicant believes relevant and would like considered as part of this application, should be attached to the proforma application at the time of lodgement.
The application must be accompanied by a copy of appropriate identification such as a passport or driver's licence. Applications without appropriate identification may be rejected.
Each applicant will bear the total cost of making an application in response to this document.
Whilst an attempt has been made to ensure that information contained in this brief is accurate at the time of publication, DMPL does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of information contained in this document. Any applicant should verify all information by making the necessary enquiries at the time of application.
DMPL will not be evaluating any application for the purpose of entering legal relations. A legal relationship will only be contemplated if and when the successful applicant signs a formal letter of acceptance prepared by DMPL.
DMPL reserves the right to act as it sees fit after considering applications received.